Golf In Portugal From A To Z: Espiche Course Review
The dream holiday you’ve planned in the Algarve would be incomplete without a visit to the Espiche Golf Course in Lagos. You’ll find the name of this course appear in most of the ‘Best Courses in Algarve List’. It isn’t a onetime course; golfers who have had the experience of playing at Espiche make it a point to visit it again and again. What are the features that attract scores of golf enthusiasts to this course? Let’s find out.
- Situated in the charming town of Lagos, this is a new, exciting addition to the world of golf courses. Espiche was opened to the public in 2012 and within a short period has established itself as one of the must play courses in the region.
- The designers have made every effort to maintain the fine balance between creating a world class course without negatively impacting the natural beauty of the terrain even one bit. When visiting this course you’ll notice the way the greens and fairways are carved out of the beautiful landscape. Thousands of trees have been planted to create a gorgeous backdrop for the golfers.
- The Espiche Golf Course is 5850 meters long with 18 holes with a par of 72. The designers have used the trees, lakes, water bodies, and strategically placed bunkers to create a challenging golf course which every golfer would enjoy.
- The most attractive aspect of the course is its location and surroundings. The course is set in a picturesque countryside, near the vineyards, and offers the golfers a clear view of the majestic Monchique Mountains.
- The long fairways and tactically placed obstacles demand the golfer be accurate. The greens on the course are large, but most of them are bordered by bunkers. Golfers will have their short game skills tested on this course.
- Guests wanting to polish their golfing skills before challenging the course can practice at the driving range. It’s located just near the main entrance. You can take advantage of the mats and a turf range to improve your skills. The driving range is open 24/7 and for those who require special attention can seek the help of golf professionals at the club.
- The clubhouse at the course that was only recently completed has full changing rooms. The restaurant at the club is a good place to nourish the body after an exhausting session of golf. Golfers also get to enjoy the panoramic view of the course, vineyards, and the Monchique Mountains from the comfort of the clubhouse. The professionals at the club and pro shop are warm and friendly and ready to assist you in improving your golfing skills and strategy.